Saturday, January 16, 2010

Flight and Arrival in Balikpapan

This flight seemed much easier than past flights. I wasn’t all that tired when I got to Singapore or Balikpapan. The jet lag is still brutal – and even as of this writing I am going to sleep at 9 and getting up at 4.

January 9th
Departed from Hartford on NW Flight 7249 at 8:00 am. After stops in Detroit and Tokyo we landed in Singapore at midnight on the 10th, stayed for a few hours in the Changi Crowne Plaze, and flew to Balikpapan on Monday, January 11th where we were greeted by our friend Syamsul (We call him “Sam” but in this blog, to make sure I don’t confuse him with Sam Camera I will call him “Som” which more closely matches the pronuciation. ) and our friends Haryati, Ashari, and Nurul. Sam, Haryati, and Nurul all came to the US. Ashari did not get his Visa in time and wasn’t able to join us.

We checked into the Grand Hotel (Le Grandeur Hotel) in Balikpapan and began planning for the week

No comments: